I can’t believe summer is nearly half over. We really need to enjoy what’s left! Here is what some of our ladies are up to…
Here’s a super cute photo from Julie!!!
This is Julie’s little guy Tyler and he went to his first Football practice this week…well it’s really like his 1000th practice…haha. Julie’s 14 year old son has been playing football since she was pregnant with Tyler. Her 2 little ones are called “Bleacher Babies” They have both been on the Football field since birth!
(funny story..Julie’s water broke with Travis her 3 YO during Football camp 3 years ago)
Tyler..he is so ready to actually “Play” football, but, he is 5 and has one more year to wait to “officially” be on the team. But he is on the practice field this year! Julie’s hubby is coaching and they got the OK for him to practice with the team! He was so excited.
OMGosh he is so darn cute out there!
Mandy’s family have come up with a great idea for a fun family activity. They decided to make a summer bucket list. It’s a list of things they want to do before summers over and the kids are back to school. This is what they have planned.
* We live next to two large national parks with 100’s of km’s of hiking trails… we plan on hiking one a week at least!
* Camping!! I haven’t been camping for 2 years. We used to camp quite a bit but now with one daughter working and the other making her own summer plans it’s hard to get everyone on the same page!!
* Trip to visit G’ma and G’pa. I would love to travel the 900 km’s to visit with my two favorite people:) I usually make it up two times a year… I hope to go during blueberry picking season so mid August!!
* Working on the house!! We are building our own house and it keeps us pretty busy!! The Hubster is now on holidays so we should be able to get some work done! Can’t wait till it’s all complete and we will love it forever:) I have to keep reminding myself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
* Finish the 4 kits and collab that I have started… I have too many ideas rolling around up there!!
*Must jump on the trampoline everyday and must go swimming at least 3 times a week!!! Self explanatory I think;)
* Geo-caching!!! My daughter and I have started a new hobby!! It all started when I got my new iPhone… I found an app for Geo Cashing!! For those who don’t know, Geo Caching is an online hobby/game. It’s a world wide scavenger hunt using your GPS. All you have to do is look around for a few websites you can join and look up the coordinates for a Geo Cashe take your supplies ….. GPS, iPhone, pencil, paper, water, prize to trade and some good walking shoes!! Follow your GPS or iPhone and search for the cache!! When you find it sign the book included and trade the prize for something of equal value, for the most part they are trinkets but still very cool!! Here are a few photos of caches we found in our area…
This one was hidden under a metal sign….
This one was at the river edge… the hint to find it was “My first fishing pole was a willow stick”. Yup we found it under a willow tree! <—- after a good 45 minutes of searching the wrong side of the river!!
So as you can see they are all different shapes and sizes… some filled with awesome treasure and some you just sign your name…. it’s a really fun activity that allows you enjoy time with your loved ones and going on an adventure!!
So what’s on your summer bucket list?